Operations plan explains how things will work at Central Station
As Lawrence Transit prepares to open the doors to Central Station next week, staff would like to welcome the community to hop on the bus and visit the space. A grand opening event will be held later this spring to officially recognize the completion of the project.
Transit staff have put together a Central Station Operations Plan to inform visitors of some practical matters about the space, such as:
- Hours of operation for the building are 8 am–8 pm, Monday–Friday and 8 am–2 pm on Saturdays.
- Lost and found will now be located at Central Station.
- There is no smoking anywhere on the Central Station property.
- Bicycle amenities including indoor and outdoor bike storage are available.
- There is no long-term public parking available at the site, but 15-minute drop-off parking is available.
- Outdoor amenities include seating, wind protection, push-button heaters that operate during service hours in the winter, Wi-Fi, and digital bus departure and trip-planning signage.
- Indoor amenities include customer service support, restrooms, infant changing tables, seating, Wi-Fi, device charging, wheelchair charging, digital bus departure signage, Lawrence Public Library free books, concession goods, and programmed community partner information and services.
The Central Station Operations Plan also covers safety and security guidelines and outlines a code of conduct that visitors agree to when using the space. Disciplinary actions and consequences are detailed for those who violate the policies.
“We’re excited to welcome everyone into this beautiful building and site. This station will provide riders with a really high quality and modern transit experience,” said Adam Weigel, Transit & Parking Manager. “We ask for help from riders with following our code of conduct so that everyone feels safe and welcome using the bus and Central Station. We think that most folks will respect staff and drivers when we redirect unwanted behaviors, but we may use suspension from transit services to ensure a safe and clean environment.”
To get help planning a trip on the bus or for more information, visit www.lawrencetransit.org or call (785) 864-4644. Find Lawrence Transit on Facebook: @LawrenceTransit and on Twitter: @TransitLawrence.