All buses have destination signs on the front and on the curb side near the front door. The destination sign displays the route number and destination of the bus (example: 6 Downtown). Read the signs carefully to ensure you are boarding the correct bus.
Locating a Bus Stop
Passengers will be allowed to board or exit a vehicle at any marked bus stop. Bus stops are identified with signs. People using mobility devices may be allowed to board and alight at the nearest ADA accessible location to a bus stop.
Getting on the Bus
- Wave to get the attention of the bus driver so he/she knows you want to board.
- Stand back from the curb when the bus is approaching.
- Take a seat if available, and remain seated at all times.
- Insert ticket or cash fare (exact change only) into fare box, or show driver KU Card, bus pass or transfer slip.
- No fare required at stops located on the KU campus.
Getting off the Bus
- Pull the bell cord above the windows prior to your destination stop.
- Remain seated and wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to exit.
- After you exit, stand to the side of the road or on the sidewalk until the bus has pulled away.
- For your safety, never cross the street in front of the bus.
Tips for Riders
- A bus is considered on time up to 5 minutes after the scheduled time.
- Arrive at the bus stop early. Too early is better than missing the bus.
- Have your pass, ticket, or fare ready before the bus arrives.
- Bus drivers are good resources and are willing to help. If you need assistance, please ask.
- Businesses located near bus stops will not provide restrooms, change or phone services to transit patrons.
- Make sure you leave with all items you brought on the bus.