The safety of the public and our employees is a top priority for Lawrence Transit. We have protocols in place for emergency scenarios like a public health crisis, and we’re staying in close touch with state and local health authorities.
Updated service announcements will be made here at www.lkstransit.staging.wpengine.com, on the Lawrence Transit Facebook and Twitter accounts, and in the announcements section on our real-time bus app, My Bus Lawrence.
What we’re doing to keep our riders safe
A daily cleaning while buses are on route.
- Use the SAO (stabilized aqueous ozone) solution for an additional midday cleaning while the drivers are on route to wipe down high traffic areas.
- Emphasis on disinfecting surfaces touched by the public
- Vehicles with high ridership are switched out during the day for a deeper cleaning using the GenEon fogging machine.
A nightly routine of cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting using GenEon Cleaning System and fogging machine.
- All vehicles are sprayed down when they return from route at end of shift.
- Surfaces touched by the public are wiped down thoroughly.
- Emphasis on disinfecting all stanchions and grab bars
A weekly routine of disinfecting vehicles using an Ozone Generator for Cleaning.
- All vehicles are rotated through once a week.
- If positive case is suspected the vehicle will be immediately removed from route and cleaned using the Ozone Generator.
A weekly routine to clean the HVAC intake and filter on all vehicles used the previous week is done every Sunday.
- All drivers are equipped with gloves and disinfecting wipes to use throughout the day.
- Windows are cracked for ventilation.
- All operators carry hand sanitizer for personal use.
- All employees are instructed to not report work if they are feeling ill.
What you can do
- Face masks can be worn on the bus.
- Passengers who are sick are advised not to ride the bus.
- Passengers riding transit are encouraged to practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid crowds when you can. If you can commute at less busy times, or wait for a less crowded bus, do that.
For questions, please call (785) 864-4644 or email email@example.com.