Annual changes to Lawrence bus service will go into effect August 1. The new Transit Guide reflecting these changes will be available in early August. Guides can be found at grocery stores, City Hall, Lawrence Public Library, several locations across the KU campus and on all buses. A preview of the new routes and schedules can be found on the routes page. Below are this year’s changes:
- Route 6 has been realigned to serve the new LMH Health West Campus. Bus stops have been added so riders can still access Rock Chalk Park.
- Route 7 travels both directions at Louisiana and 19th Streets. Service was removed from 21st Street for bicycle boulevard improvements.
- Route 9 has been realigned with a one-way loop along Inverness, 27th, Wakarusa, and Clinton Parkway due to road pattern changes.
- Route 11 has a reduction in frequency of service during the B Schedule (every 90 minutes).
- Route 29 has been realigned with a one-way loop along Inverness, 27th, Wakarusa, and Clinton Parkway due to road pattern changes.
- Route 34 follows a one-way loop along Jayhawk Blvd, West Campus Rd, 11th, and Fambrough. It no longer serves Louisiana and 10th Streets. Frequency of service increased from 30 minutes to 20 minutes.
- Route 41 no longer has a B Schedule and will operate at reduced frequency.
- Route 44 will no longer have its extended late night service. Passengers may use SafeRide service as an alternative.
Due to COVID-19, public input on transit changes was coordinated online this year. Surveys were held by the city and the university, and the information was incorporated into the decision-making process. Valuable feedback provided by the public influenced the final planned route changes.
Service adjustments for Routes 11, 41, and 44 were added at a later date, due to funding changes for KU Transportation Services.