Several changes to Lawrence bus service will go into effect August 1. The new Transit Guide reflecting these changes is available around town, including grocery stores, City Hall, Lawrence Public Library, several locations across the KU campus and on all buses. A preview of the new routes and schedules can also be found on the Routes page. Below are this year’s changes:
- Route 3 will no longer serve Peterson, Kasold or Lakeview.
- Route 36 will be split into two separate routes – Route 34 and Route 36.
- Route 38, 41, 42, 43 will be realigned to serve the new KU Central District.
- Route 11, 29, 30, 34, 36, 38 and 44 will operate until 10:00 p.m. on the A Schedule or while KU is in session.
- Route 44 will operate until 3 a.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday during KU’s fall and spring semesters.
The decision to operate later in the evening on some routes is due to the streamlining of the KU and SafeBus service. This will allow for more choices and less confusion by bus riders who wish to ride after-hours.
“Making positive changes to our bus service to best serve our community is a priority,” said Bob Nugent, Lawrence Transit Administrator. “Each year, slight changes are made to our service based on ridership, feedback and working together with our partners.”
For more information, please visit www.lawrencetransit.org or call (785) 864-4644.