Public transportation is a vital mobility tool in our community. Lawrence Transit and the University of Kansas are currently engaged in a Route Redesign Study that will help set priorities for transit service in the future. The aim of the study is to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the existing transit network, and highlight opportunities for service improvement. Community participation is vital to the success of this effort.
A series of virtual and in-person stakeholder and public meetings will be held during the week of June 21st to introduce the project and collect feedback from the community on ways to improve transit service in Lawrence. While all of the meetings listed below are open to the public, some of them will be geared toward specific interest groups.
• University Affiliates Focus Group (also open to the public): June 21st 2:30pm – 3:30pm (Zoom link)
• General Public Meeting: June 23rd 6:00pm – 8:00pm, (Zoom link)
• Draw Your Own Route Workshops: June 24th 10:00am – 12:00pm, 1:00pm – 3:00pm, 4:00pm – 6:00pm (Lawrence Public Library, Meeting Room C)
• Major Employers Focus Group (also open to the public): June 25th 10:00am – 11:00am (Zoom link)
• Community Resources Focus Group (also open to the public): June 25th 1:30pm – 2:30pm (Zoom link)
Whether you are an existing transit user or simply an interested citizen, we encourage you to attend one of these meetings to learn more about the Route Redesign Study and to share your views on the future of Lawrence Transit and KU on Wheels.
If you are unable to attend one of these meetings, you can still provide your feedback by participating in an online survey posted here: https://lawrenceks.org/listens/surveys/
To find additional ways to stay involved as the project progresses, please find information on our community engagement plan here.