How to Ride
All buses have destination signs on the front and on the curb side near the front door. The destination sign displays the route number and destination of the bus (example: 6 Downtown). Read the signs carefully to ensure you are boarding the correct bus.
Locating a Bus Stop
Passengers will be allowed to board or exit a vehicle at any marked bus stop. Bus stops are identified with signs (see right). If there is no sign along a route, the bus can be waved down. Bus will stop only at designated stops (with signs or shelters) on 6th, 9th, 23rd, and Iowa streets, Naismith Drive and on the KU campus.
The bus can stop to allow passengers to board or exit at an intersection or major business access only if the driver deems it is safe and appropriate to do so. The bus will not make multiple stops in a single block.
Getting on the Bus
- Wave to get the attention of the bus driver so he/she knows you want to board.
- Stand back from the curb when the bus is approaching.
- Take a seat after entering and remain seated at all times.
Always board the bus through the front door. Insert ticket or cash fare (exact change only) into fare box, or show driver KU Card, bus pass or transfer slip. No fare required at stops located on the KU campus.
Getting off the Bus
Pull the bell cord above the windows prior to your destination stop.
- Remain seated and wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to exit.
- Exit the bus using the rear door, allowing other passengers to board through the front door without delay.
- After you exit, stand to the side of the road or on the sidewalk until the bus has pulled away.
- For your safety, never cross the street in front of the bus.
Tips for Riders
- A bus is considered on time up to 5 minutes after the scheduled time.
- Arrive at the bus stop early. Too early is better than missing the bus.
- Have your ticket or fare ready before the bus arrives.
- Bus drivers are good resources and are willing to help. If you need assistance, please ask.
- Businesses located near bus stops will not provide restrooms, change or phone services to transit patrons.