Lawrence Transit invites the public to attend its annual meetings to discuss service changes for the coming year. Meetings are held in an open house format. Proposed service changes include:
- Route 1: Major changes to route alignment
- Route 3: Would change from flex route to a fixed route
- Route 5: Would no longer serve East Hills Business Park
- Route 6: Would serve Rock Chalk Park; would no longer serve the Hospital
- Route 9: Would no longer serve Rock Chalk Park
- Route 15: Major changes to route alignment
“We encourage people to attend these meetings and let us know how the routes are working for them,” said Robert Nugent, transit administrator. “We usually only make adjustments once a year, so now is the time to share comments and suggestions.”
The dates and times for the meetings are as follows. Three meetings will be held at the Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vermont Street, in Meeting Room C on the lower level.
- Tuesday, Feb. 16: From 5 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 17: From noon to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 18: There will be two meetings on this day. The first from noon to 1 p.m. and the second from 5 to 6 p.m.
One meeting will be held at KU in the Governor’s Room at the Kansas Union.
- Wednesday, Feb. 17: From 4 to 5:30 p.m.
For those who are not able to attend one of the meetings, comments can be sent to email@example.com or submitted by mail at Lawrence Transit System, PO Box 708, Lawrence, KS 66044. Comments will be accepted until March 31.