Transit system to hold annual public meetings
Lawrence Transit System invites the public to attend its annual meetings to discuss service changes for the coming year. Meetings are held in an open house format. Proposed service changes include:
- Route 5 will change how it serves East Hills Business Park.
- Route 9 will serve Rock Chalk Park instead of Route 2.
- Route 27 will serve 31st and Haskell.
- Route 41 will extend its service to the Kansas Union.
“We encourage people to attend these meetings and let us know how the routes are working for them,” said Robert Nugent, transit administrator. “We usually only make adjustments once a year, so now is the time to share comments and suggestions.”
The dates and times for the meetings are as follows:
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 24 at the Lawrence Transit Office, 933 New Hampshire St.
- 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 25 in the Kansas Room of the Kansas Union, 1301 Jayhawk Blvd.
- 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 26 at the Lawrence Transit Office, 933 New Hampshire St.
For those who are not able to attend one of the meetings, comments can be sent to email@example.com or submitted by mail at Lawrence Transit System, PO Box 708, Lawrence, KS 66044. Comments will be accepted until March 31.