Transit service changes effective August 1
Several changes to Lawrence bus service will go into effect August 1. The new Transit Guide reflecting these changes is available around town, including grocery stores, City Hall, Lawrence Public Library, several locations across the KU campus and on all buses. A preview of the new routes and schedules can also be found here (PDF). Below are this year’s changes:
- Route 1 will begin serving the Lawrence Community Shelter.
- Route 3 will become a fixed route service and serve Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Route 6 will serve Rock Chalk Park and Sports Pavilion Lawrence.
- Route 15 will serve Connecticut and Barker, Peaslee Center and East Hills Business Park.
- Minor adjustments were made to routing and scheduling on other routes.
Also, Routes 5, 7 and 10 and have increased their frequency from every hour to every 30 minutes. What this means is that bus service has doubled on these routes. This is due to higher ridership and demand for more bus service in Lawrence.
“Our passengers are our number one priority at Lawrence Transit,” said Bob Nugent, Lawrence Transit Administrator. “We listen to our riders and their needs. What they have expressed is that they would like additional service added to busier routes.”