KU end-of-semester bus service update
Finals Week – Early Bus Service
In order to help students arrive on campus in time for 7:30 a.m. final exams, the following transit routes will start early December 10-14. All routes will end service at their normal times each day.
- Route 11: Service will start at the regular time, 6:03 a.m.
- Route 27: Service will start at 6:25 a.m. from Haskell University.
- Route 29: Service will start at 6:52 a.m. from 27th & Scottsdale.
- Route 30: Service will start at 6:50 a.m. from Chelsea Place (westbound).
- Route 34: Service will start at the regular time, 7:05 a.m.
- Route 36: Service will start at the regular time: 7:05 a.m.
- Route 38: Service will start at 6:45 am from 25th & Melrose.
- Route 42: Service will start at 7:00 a.m.
- Route 43: Service will start at 7:00 a.m.
Stop Day – Limited Service
On Stop Day, Friday, December 7, the following routes will not operate: 27, 30, 34, 36, 38, 42, and 43. Route 44 will only operate the Extended Night Service. Routes 11, 29, and 41 will operate their ‘B’ schedules on Stop Day, and will return to their ‘A’ schedules for one week on Monday, December 10.
Finals Week Parking Bonus Info
All student parking lots will be open during finals. This includes anything marked yellow or green on the parking map!
SafeRide will start at 9:30 p.m. during Finals Week – including Sunday (December 9) this year, with the last night of service this semester on Friday, December 14. SafeRide will also operate regular hours (10:30 p.m. – 2:30 a.m.) on New Year’s Eve! Download our SafeRide scheduling app “MV Passenger” to schedule your rides from your phone!
Follow @TransitKU on Twitter, or like Lawrence Transit on Facebook. You can also download the “MyBusLawrence” app for iPhones and Android devices for real time bus information.
End of Fall Semester
Service ends on December 14 for routes 27, 30, 34, 36, 38, 42, 43, and 44. Routes 11, 29, and 41 will operate the ‘B’ schedule over Winter Break, and route 41 will not operate at all between December 24-January 1.
All routes will resume the “A” schedule for the Spring Semester on Tuesday, January 22.
New Bus Apps in January!
We will be transitioning the real time bus information and SafeRide scheduling to new apps in early January. Keep an eye out for further information.
Good luck on finals, and have a great break!