All buses are accessible. Each fixed-route bus and paratransit vehicle is equipped with a wheelchair lift or ramp and audio announcement equipment.
What is T Lift?
T Lift is a door-to-door, shared ride paratransit service. T Lift service is available for transit riders who, because of a disability, are unable to use the fixed routes.
T Lift riders must be certified as eligible to use the service in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Passengers who present valid photo identification from another public transportation system proving paratransit certification may use the T Lift service for up to 21 days. Applications and information are available by calling the T Lift at (785) 312-7054 or by download below:
- T Lift brochure (PDF)
- T Lift Application, Part A (PDF)
- T Lift Application, Part B (PDF)
- T Lift Policy Manual (PDF)
Documentos en Español
- Solicitud de Elegibilidad para Discapacitados: Parte A (PDF)
- Aplicación para la Elegibilidad del Servicio Elevador T Lift: Parte B (PDF)
- Manual de Normas del Servicio Elevador T Lift (PDF)
Individuals who are certified for the T Lift qualify for reduced fare on the T with an ID card provided by Lawrence Transit System.
See the Fares and Bus Passes page for more information.
KU students, staff and faculty who are permanently or temporarily disabled, upon certification, are eligible. For information and certification, call (785) 864-LIFT (5438).